December 1st. World AIDS Day 2010. What we did was important. Because we helped change a life.
What are my reactions?
My reactions of AIDS day was very positive. I felt I really wanted to sell items so we could raise a lot of money for AIDS. I also thought the jar wars was a good idea because kids could have fun at being competitive at getting house points for their house by donating money.
What did our actions mean to you/other students at ISKL/around the world?
I felt really glad and proud of myself that I was able to help the AIDS kids and orphans. I think I contributed a lot because me and Monise went around the school selling ISKL bands.
What were my highlights yesterday?
I felt good when the ISKL community were buying our AIDS day campaign things and I think it showed how much our idea worked out. For example, a lot of kids bought the ISKL bands that me and Monise were selling.
What will you remember about the day?
I will remember how we did the assemble and we spent our time raising money for HIV/AIDS day. I have to admit our assembly wasn't the best we could do, and I think we could improve it by running the entire thing from top to bottom.
What do you think the GI students should do for AIDS day next year?
I think next year, the 6th graders (now) should run the entire assembly over and make more efficient, more eye-catching posters for everyone to know. So, when they do the assembly next year, I can think , "Last year, I did that as well!"
What did you learn by taking on a project like this?
Since I am in Green Guardians, I know how hard it is like to take on a project like this, (vermicomposting) and I know how hard it is. But I also learned that if we put a lot of effort in it, we can make it happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment